An Art History Odyssey and Other Adventures





"The Eyes Are The Window To The Soul"

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Canberra Ho, The Royal & Ancient, Golf Lessons

So I really am trying to get better at the whole posting my life thing. Here are a few updates from the past few days!

Firstly, on Tuesday Steve talked to the lady in Canberra that we will be renting from! We have a contract and we are just finishing the logistics of signing and handing over the deposit and such! All very exciting. Steve is also looking up flights! We are tentatively leaving around the 5-7 of September!

Secondly, on Wednesday, Steve played the Old Course! It was his first time and I went along as part caddy part paparazzi. It was really fun to watch him play, as I am getting increasingly more interested in playing myself, and the course was really cool. So check out some of the pics!

Thirdly, another golf post, my golf lessons are going well! Not having had them for a while, I did well today, working on chipping with a sand wedge and then I actually got to use my new 7 iron. Now don't go thinking I'm whacking the ball all over the place, we play in the garden here at Deans Court with little plastic practice golf balls so no matter how hard you hit them, at max they go about 20ft. BUT, judging from my performance today, Steve said that I will be able to go to the driving range soon, probably tomorrow, to continue to practice my swing and such. Then maybe after I have a few putting lessons, he said he would take me to do one of the little beginner courses here in town that is only 9 holes and no hazards. I'm so excited. I think golf is going to be great for me, active but not too crazy, I'm falling apart after all those years of 3 season sports!

Guess that's all I have to report for now!

Cheers!
Tori